[Samba] Samba shared folders and windows 7 permissions dialog.

PF4Public PF4Public at mail.ru
Mon Mar 27 11:16:28 UTC 2017

 >BTW, the means(or method) used to set the account enumeration
 >permissions on a samba server isn't a windows issue, AFAIK.... ;-)

Well, to be more precise it is both: it has something to do with specific Windows machines
*and* Samba. Since it is flawless for other machines with the same Windows version and
variant as well as using the same credentials and the same Samba instance.

 >In the "smb.conf(5)" manpage, search for:
 > winbind enum

Sadly it just describes configuration options "winbind enum groups" and "winbind enum
users", but does not explain how come Samba is treating seemingly same machines differently.