[Samba] smbclient -k works, but not username + password

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Sun Mar 26 19:26:11 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-03-26 at 15:08 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams via samba wrote:
> I have shutdown the last Samba4 DC in the domain, so only Windows
> 2008 DCs remain.
> I can access one Samba file server, with either username+password or
> kerberos (-k)

On the server not working -
  [root at arabis-red samba]# wbinfo --ntlmv2 -a adam at MICORE.US
  Enter adam at MICORE.US's password:
  plaintext password authentication failed
  Could not authenticate user adam at MICORE.US with plaintext password
  Enter adam at MICORE.US's password:
  challenge/response password authentication failed
  error code was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc0000022)
  error message was: Access denied
  Could not authenticate user adam at MICORE.US with challenge/response