[Samba] access DENIED for non-printserver bits

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Mar 23 12:37:41 UTC 2017

Ok,

> The "Access denied" happens before the installation would

> have started.

Ok so a mis configuration somewere.

Since you not willing to share the smb.conf i?ll show you my part.

this works as win xp upto win 10 32/64bit.

( tested with samba 4.4.x 4.5.x 4.6.x on debian jessie with cups and point and print setup.)

If anyone is questioning the ?acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes? lines.

The why i use that, is because these are for me windows only setups.

If you setup is different you need to hunt down your rights problems.

Like :

Share rights

File/folder rights

SePrivilege rights

My smb.conf printer part.

##### PRINT SERVER PART #######

    ## Enabling spoolssd

    rpc_server:spoolss = external

    rpc_daemon:spoolssd = fork

    # announce x64 by default.

    spoolss:architecture = Windows x64

    spoolssd:prefork_min_children = 5

    spoolssd:prefork_max_children = 25

    spoolssd:prefork_spawn_rate =

    spoolssd:prefork_max_allowed_clients = 100
    spoolssd:prefork_child_min_life = 60
    load printers = yes

    # samba prints and snmp..

    # Look here : https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_network_printer_ports
    enumports command = /etc/samba/bin/show-ports.sh

This is my share setup.

[print$]

   comment = Printer Drivers

   path = /home/samba/printing/drivers

   acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes

   browseable = yes

   writable = yes

   guest ok = no

[printers]

   comment = All Printers

   path = /home/samba/printing/spool

   acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes

   browseable = yes

   printable = yes

   printing = CUPS

after setting this, go here :

check https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server#Granting_the_SePrintOperatorPrivilege_Privilege

then  https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Downloads_for_Windows_Clients

goto : Setting up the [print$] Share

Using Windows ACLs:

Apply that part.

Try again.

Or give more info, without it, its impossible to guess what the problem is.

But above must give you some pointers to work with.

Greetz,

Louis