[Samba] access DENIED for non-printserver bits

Åke Holmlund holm at informatik.umu.se
Thu Mar 23 11:40:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

> If it does not matter, tell me which printer driver version are you using.

It's a driver for a Ricoh MFP but that does not matter because the
install wizard never even starts (so I never even get to point to
a driver). The "Access denied" happens before the installation would
have started.

> V3 or V4 that is one you should know, because if its a "V4" driver,
> then its not supported by samba.
> And samba doe only support non-packaged aware printer drivers. ( see wiki )
>
> Are you using spoolss or spoolssd ?

spoolss

>> Yes, I know WHERE it happens but not WHY... I need to know why so I can
>> do something about it.
> Then provide the asked information, then i can help, without i can not.
>
> And i hoop you did read :
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server
>
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Downloads_for_Windows_Client

Yes, I have seen those. This has been working before (Samba 3.x). The
problems have started with Samba 4.x.

Regards,
Åke