[Samba] access DENIED for non-printserver bits

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Mar 22 13:03:15 UTC 2017

Ok,

If it does not matter, tell me which printer driver version are you using.

V3 or V4 that is one you should know, because if its a "V4" driver,
then its not supported by samba.
And samba doe only support non-packaged aware printer drivers. ( see wiki )

Are you using spoolss or spoolssd ?

> Yes, I know WHERE it happens but not WHY... I need to know why so I can
> do something about it.
Then provide the asked information, then i can help, without i can not.

And i hoop you did read :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Automatic_Printer_Driver_Downloads_for_Windows_Clients

Greetz,