[Samba] Problem sysvolreset

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Mar 22 10:10:18 UTC 2017

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 08:09:31 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> No,
>
> I dont agree/believe you.. ... because of my setup.

As long as you don't run sysvolreset, you won't have a problem, you
also seem to be working around the fact that sysvolreset is totally (in
my opinion) borked.

> On the a samba member.  ( 4.5/4.6)
> getent group "Domain Admins"
> domain admins:x:10001:admin,administrator
> I run more then a year like this.

I use a group called 'Unix Admins' joined to 'Domain Admins' and give
this group a gidNumber.

> I only have one problem( ok 2 ... ) on my dc.
> GID 300002 and GID 300003
> One should be "NT AUTORITY\SYSTEM" this is my biggest problem.
> Some GPO's are not working correclty due to mismatch in sid/rids with
> the users SYSTEM.  But i saw all the hard work the devs are doing im
> amazed by it so i'll wait until thats fixed, i have my workaround..
>
> For me its very simple, i never ever run sysvolreset.
> And if i must run sysvolreset, yes it happend one or 2 times,

At least you have found running sysvolreset isn't a good idea ;-)

Rowland