[Samba] Public share ask for a password

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 21 16:37:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 17:18:30 +0100
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Well, im never trying to change your optionion Rowland, i wont dare..
>
> > Just what has an init system got to do with mounting a filesystem ??
> Compaired to fstab, i get a better result with my nfs mounts.
> Before, somethimes, with the fstab setup, when logging in on ssh on
> an automounted userhome dir, with NVSv4 kerberized. Did fail for now
> and then. Now with the systemd, i didnt have any fails.

If you could just choose the bits of systemd and use them, then it
would be an improvement, but to get your 'fstab' improvement, you have
to have all of systemd and who knows just where it will end ? probably
with red-hat/systemd instead of GNU/Linux.

> I dont know exact the difference, why, but i like it. :-) as simpel
> as that. I can only think of the better boot order of services etc.
> I compaired my fstab settings with the systemd setttings,
> it was exact the same.

It works for you, so of course you like it.

> The why im suggesting not useing fstab on jessie ( and higer ) is
> that, if we want it or not, systemd is coming and stretch has even
> more systemd.

Hopefully Devuan will come to fruition, but if not, there is always
FreeBSD.

> But héé, its just an opionion, everybody should have one. :-)

And you, like I, are entitled to your own opinion, which I respect.

Rowland