[Samba] Best way to integrate Unix with AD.

Brian De Wolf bldewolf at cpp.edu
Mon Mar 20 18:58:02 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 20:04:30 +0000
"A. James Lewis via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know this is a little off topic (although it might not be because
> I'm sure there's a solution involving Samba!)... but I hope one of
> you fine people can advise me on the best approach to achieving an
> integrated directory supporting Unix/Linux as a first class citizen,
> storing autofs maps, as well as uid, gid and home folders for each
> user... and how would that be managed.

I saw a talk about this sort of integration at a conference earlier
this month, descriptions/slides:

https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/15x/presentations/integrating-linux-systems-active-directory-using-open-source-tools

They streamed it to youtube but unfortunately the audio quality is poor:

https://youtu.be/b4tgmhKYq6Q?t=7047