[Samba] Problem sysvolreset

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Mar 20 15:36:34 UTC 2017

Im questioning this because of the following.

What is "Domain Admins" doing with rights on SYSVOL anyway.. ??

There should not be any "domain admins" at all on sysvol share and security rights.

But to overcome the problem explained below.

You can use :
acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes

And make sure sysvol and/or netlogon are windows only shares and not used by any unix/linux/mac clients.

Set : acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes
In the share sysvol and/or netlogon

Now in addition, as told, if setup correcly,
you dont see any "Domain Admins" on sysvol.

Sysvol Share permissions set to
"Everyone" Read
"Authenticated Users" Full Control.
DOMAIN\Administrators ( same as "BUILDIN\Administrators" ) Full Controll

And for the folder setttings.
CREATOR OWNER         Special rights.
Authenticated Users   Read
SYSTEM                Full control.
DOMAIN\Administrators   R&E, LFC, READ, WRITE
DOMAIN\Server Operators R&E, LFC, READ

Now its no problem to give these a gid anymore.
Domain Users
Domain Admins
Domain Guest
Domain Computers
And as bjorn suggested, you do give the groups an id.

And when its all set, DONT run resetsysvol again when you do that, you must set the share and security rights again.

And all my servers run with : idmap_ldb:use rfc2307

Greetz,

Louis