[Samba] kerberos issue (SPN not found) with windows Hyper-V ( samba 4.5.3 AD)

Kacper Wirski k.wirski at babkamedica.pl
Sun Mar 19 22:06:50 UTC 2017

To be more precise, live migration works, but only when started directly
from the hyper-v that I'm directly logged into (via RDP for example), as
in: logged into host A, I can live migrate from host A to host B, to
migrate the other way round I have to log into host B first and start
migration there.

Bug must  be somewhere  within kerberos constrained delegation or maybe
it's still connected to the weird hyper-v SPN's (weird as in: with
whitespaces within their names) and my proposed workaround to get
anything started (hyper-v replica  and live migration with
aforementioned limitations).

I've tried to read up more on possible causes for the kerberos error,
but I'm too much of a newbie to have any chance to truly understand
what's not working. Or even if it's supposed to work at all.

Anyway I made a further test and I created a simple 2 node Hyper-V
failover cluster on top of those hyper-v hosts used earlier, and within
the cluster live migration works perfectly in every direction imagined
(when using failover cluster manager, I can live migrate VM from host a
to host b, then directly from host b to host a without changing machines
i'm logged into), but  then again it is overall a lot complicated
solution which I'm not ready to use in production yet.

Overall some issues I did manage to solve, so I guess that's that. :-)