[Samba] AD integration not working after move/version

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 22:10:05 UTC 2017

Compiling   Samba on Solaris 10 is a major pain in the ...

Solaris 11 shipped with Samba 3.x but patches up to samba 4.7.x    (You may need a contract to be update to pull the latest version.)     There is a little bit of a learning curve with solaris 11.   Editing /etc/nsswitch.conf now involves some complicated magic commands.      Samba 4.7.x worked AOK.