[Samba] Joining Samba4 to Win 2008 AD domain breaks other kerberos functions

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:48:01 UTC 2017

Samba expects the keytab file as /etc/krb5.keytab.

Solaris 11 looks for a keytab file in /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab

When samba joins the domain it (probably) updates the machine password
and then updates its krb5.keytab file.       When connecting via ssh,
the system would use a keytab file that had the wrong kvno and probably
the wrong password key.

The following symlink command fixed ssh logins

     ln -s /etc/krb5.keytab /etc/krb5/krb5.keytab