[Samba] Problems with replication and dns

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 14 22:21:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017 17:01:24 -0500
Santiago Londoño Mejía <santiago.londono at pragma.com.co> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the few details.
>
> rsync:
>
> rsync -h -a -v /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/pragma.com.co/
> root at server2:/usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/pragma.com.co/

OH dear, have a look here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Rsync_based_SysVol_replication_workaround

> first dc smb.conf:
> [global]
>     tls verify peer = no_check
>     ldap server require strong auth = no
> 	netbios name = NEPTUNO
> 	realm = PRAGMA.COM.CO
> 	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc,
> drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
> 	workgroup = PRAGMA
> 	server role = active directory domain controller
> #	interfaces = en160 en160:0 lo
> 	wins support = Yes
> 	name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast

'name resolve order' on something that is running (or should be) a DNS
server ???

> named.conf:

> zone "pragma.com.co" {
> 	type master;
> 	file "dynamic/pragma.com.co";
> };

AHA, you are running Bind with the totally unsupported flatfiles, this
does not work.

> include "/etc/named.rfc1912.zones";
> include "/etc/named.root.key";
> //include "/usr/local/samba/private/named.conf";

Uncomment the above line, you need it.

Can I suggest you read about DNS on the samba wiki:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_BIND_DNS_Server