[Samba] Debian Jessie Samba 4.6.0 amd64 packages.

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 14 20:57:25 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-03-14 at 15:40 +0100, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai Andrew,
>
> Sorry, for the late reply.
> Yes, that is my goal in the end.
> I'll keep makeing the packages for now and post them on the list.
> If you or someone else can give me tips on improving the packages
> even more.
> Let me know, then when im ready, then its a small step in joining the
> packaging team.
>
> I'll go through https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Guidelines
> anything else you can advice me to read?

I think it really works the other way around, you join the mailing
list, help with bugs and propose patches to the package repo.  You
don't need any special rights to do any of that, and I can sponsor
uploads if need be (but others who are more active would be better).

An experimental package for Samba 4.6.0 would be great, so working with
samba-pkg-maint would be the best bet.

https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-samba-maint/

To be clear, this (samba@ isn't the list to get feedback on debian
packaging, but samba-pkg-maint is).