[Samba] Samba AD DC backup - again

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Mar 14 13:44:21 UTC 2017

Hai,

I dont think its over functional, it includes everything you need for a good AD DC backup.

This is about the minimal you should backup for an AD DC.
If you want to backup samba when turned off. You need at least:
/etc/samba
/var/lib/samba
/var/cache/samba
/etc/krb*

Check if sysvol is included in you backup and i also suggest an extra ACL backup of sysvol.

!! Dont copy the /var/lib/samba when samba is running, you will get corrupted [l-t]db files !!

Read: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Back_up_and_Restoring_a_Samba_AD_DC

But the script is a "set and forget" and does all of above.
Im using it over a year now, so can you explain what the problem is with the backup script.

And i agree, its a "hard" to read script, so why not ..
Just dont read it, get it, set it and enjoy it.
If it does not work, report it on the list and we can try to help out.

Greetz,

Louis