[Samba] Best way to integrate Unix with AD.

A. James Lewis james at fsck.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 13:38:43 UTC 2017

Is there a good guide for how to set up a Samba based AD domain
controller with RFC2307 attributes so I can experiment... I can't get
the Windows guys in my company to do anything Microsoft don't provide a
check box for, unless I can teach them how to do it... but I've not used
any of these Windows technologies for a very long time...

At least if I can show a working system then someone from the Windows
team might consider looking at it....   and if I tell them to do
something that ultimately doesn't work, we'll be back to square one but
they will be doubly reluctant, so I need to learn more about AD than
them... sigh.

--
A. James Lewis (james at fsck.co.uk)
"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people