[Samba] File/dir user permissions on Samba fileserver in DC

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Mar 10 14:51:50 UTC 2017

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:21:40 +0300
it at mdsdnr.ru wrote:

> Rowland Penny via samba писал 2017-03-10 16:58:
>
> Can you say more concrete what's wrong in my smb.conf?
>
> > You say your Samba client is an AD-member aka domain member, but you
> > haven't set up your smb.conf correctly, you also seem to be still
> > thinking in Samba3 workgroup terms. Can I suggest you go and read
> > the Samba wiki, start here:
> > https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member
> >
> > Rowland

If you read the samba wiki, you would find out, but if it is unclear,
please says so ;-)

But I will give you a hint, this is wrong:

idmap config * : backend = rid
idmap config * : range = 300000-400000
idmap config * : base_rid = 0
idmap config * :schema_mode = rfc2307
idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes

The backend is wrong in the top line
You do not need the third line
The four line is only used with the 'ad' backend
The fifth line is only used on a DC

You do not have the required DOMAIN lines

Rowland