[Samba] [Solved] Samba 4.4.4: ACLs not work property with recycle vfs object enable

Mark Nienberg mnlists at tippingstructural.com
Wed Mar 8 20:19:10 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Dario Lesca via samba <samba at lists.samba.org
> wrote:

> The solution is set in share session both vfs object needed:
>
>     vfs objects = acl_xattr recycle
>
> So, with this setting, now all work fine.

Thanks for posting this. You explained an issue I have had for some time
now. I knew that some of my shares weren't using acl_xattr, but I didn't
realize it was the ones that also had recycle. Now it makes sense. I'm not
sure I'm going to change it, since the normal posix permissions seem to be
all I need, but at least I understand it now.