[Samba] Error in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Tue Mar 7 20:20:35 UTC 2017

On 2017-03-07 14:05, Marc Muehlfeld via samba wrote:

> It's very frustrating if you spend 8 hours writing such an instruction and get this kind of feedback. (Yes, that's the amount of time I need for a doc of this size and complexity including testing.)
>
> I just mentioned this because it's not the first time I read such comments. This really frustrates me, makes me thinking that I'm wasting a lot of my spare time, and often keeps me away from writing new content for a while.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Please don't get frustrated about this.

The challenge you have, as you are aware, is you are writing
documentation for a "moving target". "What worked for that (older)
version is now like this and this (newer version) is better" may be true
and may not be true but that change effected your documentation
instruction. You cannot help that that happened.

I have always found your documentation, the docs here on the samba wiki,
to be accurate and very useful. Keep up the great work!!

Obviously the OP does not keep up with what is happening here. Not his
fault, I am sure he/she is only trying to help and suggest.