[Samba] Error in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Mar 7 20:05:44 UTC 2017

>>> Just checked with 'Computer Management' on Win7 and you could be
>>> right, in fact, the entire page seems wrong, I wonder what version
>>> of Windows Marc used ?
>>
>> I really don't understand why you are saying that the _entire_ page
>> is wrong?
>>

> Perhaps 'wrong' is the wrong word ;-)
>
> What I meant was, If I run Computer Management on Win7 , I do not get
> the same options shown in the screenshots on that wikipage, so I cannot
> set things as shown.

The next time, please say
 > the button shown on the screenshot does not exist on Win7 and
 > the share permission for Authenticated User is incorrect.
instead of
 > the entire page seems wrong.

It's very frustrating if you spend 8 hours writing such an instruction
and get this kind of feedback. (Yes, that's the amount of time I need
for a doc of this size and complexity including testing.)

I just mentioned this because it's not the first time I read such
comments. This really frustrates me, makes me thinking that I'm wasting
a lot of my spare time, and often keeps me away from writing new content
for a while.

Regards,
Marc