[Samba] Error in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Mar 7 20:04:42 UTC 2017

Am 07.03.2017 um 20:03 schrieb Bart Coninckx via samba:
> To me they seem screenshots of a more recent Windows version,
 > like Windows 2012 or 2016 server, or Windows 10 client.

It's Windows 10. When I rewrite or update pages with Win7/8 screenshots,
I replace them with ones from the latest Windows client version. I think
it makes more sense than using screenshots from older version.

 > Maybe the wiki needs to be extended with pages for each
 > OS version ...

We should really not have individual pages for each OS version. We still
have duplicated content in the Wiki and I do my best to get rid of it.
Duplicate content is very hard to maintain and often inconsistent. Often
it is updated only on one place. We had a lot of such cases in our
documentation.

If steps or procedures differ in Windows versions, we should of course
mention the differences. However, not for versions, MS no longer
supports, such as WinXP. Mostly it's enough to add just one sentence to
make clear what's different. That's better than having instructions for
each OS.

Regards,
Marc