[Samba] Problem sysvolreset

Kris Lou klou at themusiclink.net
Tue Mar 7 18:26:03 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> It isn't really a 'uid' problem, it is a 'sysvolreset' problem, giving
> Domain Admins a gidNumber only makes it worse.
> How to fix it ? Remove the GPO and then add it again, then NEVER use
> sysvolreset again.

Hang on, can you explain this a little further?  I thought that Domain
Admins was issued gidNumber 512 by default. In addition, sysvolreset is not
recommended to fix potential SysVol replication problems with GPO perms?

Kris Lou
klou at themusiclink.net

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 9:42 AM, Edson Tadeu Almeida da Silveira via samba <