[Samba] LDAP logins failing after installing Samba 4.4.5

Bart Coninckx info at bitsandtricks.com
Tue Mar 7 12:21:42 UTC 2017

>> Hi all,
>>

>> I had an LDAP application (mailserver) running on Samba 4.1.3 which
>> wrked flawlessly. Also using an LDAP browser with a simple bind
>> worked OK.
>>
>> I than replaced the Samba installation with version 4.5 and the LDAP
>> functionality broke. I first thought it had to do with a non-SSL or
>> non -TLS and though I now get an error message when doing a simple
>> bind without encryption, activating encryption does not work either.
>>

>> Is there a way to configure how Samba expects LDAP binds to happen?

>AD does not allow simple binds, It might help if you told us just what
>mailserver you are using.
>
>Rowland

It's Kopano, formerly known was Zarafa. With version 4.1.13 it seems that simple binds were still possible, but that actually might have been an error while developers aim to emulate a real AD server. In the meantime I managed to bind with a LDAP browser over TLS or SSL, but the mailserver still fails in connecting to AD.

BC