[Samba] Error in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Mar 7 09:02:49 UTC 2017

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 23:06:45 +0100
Bart Coninckx via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> can I freely create an account for the Wiki and do changes? Or should
> I notify someone (Rowland)?

You can apply to create your own account, if you go to the main wiki
page:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Main_Page

In the top right hand corner, click on 'create account' and then fill
in the relevant info.

> I found a small error
> in https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/User_Home_Folders . The wiki
> mentions as rights on the share Read and Execute for Authenticated
> Users, but on that level I see only Full Control, Change and Read. My
> assumption is that it should be Change and Read for Authenticated
> users,

Just checked with 'Computer Management' on Win7 and you could be right,
in fact, the entire page seems wrong, I wonder what version of Windows
Marc used ?

Rowland