[Samba] LDAP logins failing after installing Samba 4.4.5

Bart Coninckx info at bitsandtricks.com
Tue Mar 7 00:50:31 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I had an LDAP application (mailserver) running on Samba 4.1.3 which wrked flawlessly. Also using an LDAP browser with a simple bind worked OK.

I than replaced the Samba installation with version 4.5 and the LDAP functionality broke. I first thought it had to do with a non-SSL or non -TLS and though I now get an error message when doing a simple bind without encryption, activating encryption does not work either.

Is there a way to configure how Samba expects LDAP binds to happen?

Cheers!

Met Vriendelijke Groet,
Kind Regards,
Salutations,