[Samba] Missing security tab samba 4.1.13

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 5 15:04:10 UTC 2017

Am 05.03.2017 um 15:47 schrieb Bart Coninckx via samba:
>> I think your problem is being caused by the OS not knowing your users
>> and groups, have a look here:
>
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Winbindd_on_a_Samba_AD_DC
>
> I will look into that, cheers!
>
>> But before you do that, UPGRADE your Samba version. I said that there
>> have been a lot of improvements, one of them is the 'winbind' built
>> into the 'samba' binary has been replaced by the same separate
> '>winbindd' binary used on a domain member, this by its self is worth
>> upgrading for.
>
> Would you advise to start new again or do an upgrade, respecting the current config and Active Directory?

as you currently don't have a working as desired setup i would start
from scratch because you can't distinct between probably upgrade related
problems and others in your current state

normally purge the configs and *also* "/var/lib/samba" which contans all
the databases should bring you in a state like nothing tried before