[Samba] Missing security tab samba 4.1.13

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Mar 5 13:54:07 UTC 2017

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 14:20:48 +0100
Bart Coninckx <info at bitsandtricks.com> wrote:

> on the Windows site I checked a possible active group policy, but
> there was none. Also, I don't have this problem voor sysvol or
> netlogon.
>

> This is my smb.conf
>

> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = DOMAIN
>         realm = DOMAIN.COM
>         netbios name = LX01
>         server role = active directory domain controller
>         dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
>         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
>  [netlogon]
>         path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/domain.com/scripts
>         read only = No
>  [sysvol]
>         path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol
>         read only = No
>  [Data]
>         path = /data/smb/data
>         read only = No
>  [Maarten]
>         path = /data/smb/maarten
>         read only = No
>  [Erik]
>         path = /data/smb/erik
>         read only = No
>   Cheers,
>  BC

I think your problem is being caused by the OS not knowing your users
and groups, have a look here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Winbindd_on_a_Samba_AD_DC

But before you do that, UPGRADE your Samba version. I said that there
have been a lot of improvements, one of them is the 'winbind' built
into the 'samba' binary has been replaced by the same separate
'winbindd' binary used on a domain member, this by its self is worth
upgrading for.

Rowland