[Samba] 4.4.14 on solaris, using ads, can't read/write as user

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 12:45:41 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 8:52 AM, francis picabia <fpicabia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Rowland Penny via samba <
> samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:28:38 -0300
>> francis picabia via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

>> > It is really confusing.  rid or tdb.  I don't know what it wants
>> > because the second link has both.
>>
>> No, it isn't confusing, you need both.
>>
>> You need to have something like this in smb.conf:
>>
>> idmap config * : backend = tdb
>> idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
>> idmap config MYDOM : backend = rid
>> idmap config MYDOM : range = 10000-999999
>>
>> The '*' range is for the 'BUILTIN' domain i.e. the Well Known SIDs
>> The 'MYDOM' range is for YOUR domain
>>

> I'm using this config above currently and there is no change to the
> ownership
> or permissions issue.
>
> I have in nsswitch.conf:
>
> passwd:     files winbind
> group:      files winbind
>
> (shadow wasn't in nsswitch.conf on Solaris)
>
> winbind and samba services are being restarted on every config change like
> this:
>
> svcadm disable winbind ; sleep 2; svcadm enable winbind ; svcadm disable
> samba ; sleep 2; svcadm enable samba
>
> krb5.conf is the config suggested in the samba doc you linked.
>
> [libdefaults]
>         default_realm = AD.MYDOM.CA
>         dns_lookup_realm = false
>         dns_lookup_kdc = true
>
> Here is the tmp share currently:
>
> [tmp]
>         path = /tmp
>         browseable = No
>         read only = No
>
> If I upload a new file to the tmp share, the ownership shows
> the expected mapped user.
>
> -rwxr--r--   1 fpicabia    domain users    1112 Jun 30 08:10 2017.csr

I forgot to mention...  From smbclient, I can rm the file I have just
uploaded with smbclient.
This is the difference: with the file owned by the same user but created
from the Solaris OS
and shell session, smbclient cannot rm.

Also meant to ask what is the meaning of N and A below, as that could be a
key.