[Samba] Must put "server role check:inhibit = yes" in smb.conf

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 29 11:31:30 UTC 2017

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 12:55:46 +0200
Hénoch Hervé <h.henoch at isc84.org> wrote:

> Yes i'm on a AD DC.  When I have installed AD DC two years ago and
> "apt-get install" has installed on the system nmbd (jessie).

Ok, put your smb.conf back to this:

[global]
         workgroup = SC1
         realm = sc1.local
         netbios name = VSPDC1
         server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
         log level = 2
         printcap name = /dev/null
         load printers = no

[netlogon]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol/sc.local/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         path = /var/lib/samba/sysvol
         read only = No

[partage]
    path = /opt/partage
    read only = no

NOTE: if '.local' is your TLD, stop Avahi if it is running, alter the
'hosts' line in /etc/nsswitch.conf to this:

hosts:          files dns

You should not let your OS start Samba using the 'samba' init script,
use the 'samba-ad-dc' init script instead.
If you haven't got it yet, you cannot run 'nmbd' on a Samba AD DC.

Rowland