[Samba] Patch application doubt

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 29 01:07:26 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-06-28 at 21:51 -0300, Marcio Demetrio Bacci via samba
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, but I have the following doubt:
>
> Is need apply the CVE-2017-7494 (Remote code execution from a writable
> share) patch or this patch already was included in Debian repository, this
> way I need only to execute apt-get upgrade?
>
> In the case that I need to apply manually, how do I do it ?
>
> I'm using Samba 4.6.3 on Debian 8.

This isn't a version I can find having been packaged by the Debian
packaging team, so I suggest you speak to whoever has provided your
packages.

(So far Samba 4.6 is only in Debian Testing and unstable, not any
stable release).

Andrew Bartlett