[Samba] Samba printserver works for Win10 Pro but not Win10 Home edition

Jon Gerdes gerdesj at blueloop.net
Tue Jun 27 08:52:23 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-06-26 at 16:04 +0200, Kjetil Fleten via samba wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Ok - I took a shortcut: I finally found a 4.6.5 deb package for
> Ubuntu:
> https://launchpad.net/~rewi/+archive/ubuntu/samba
>
> I know that this package is just as fresh as bread from the oven, and
> that the packager states "not for production". Anyway, it installs
> without make, make install and configure, and there is no issues with
> paths. Wonderful :-)
>
> I can even install a printer on my Win10 Home test machine without
> any
> warnings.
>
> Still, not all machines are as lucky as I am. Some of them get error
> 0x000006d1. Any ideas why ?
>
> Best regards
> Kjetil

You don't give many hints as to why or when you get that error.  A
quick Google implies printing related and turns up this: http://blog.re
alcomputerguy.com/2013/06/fix-error-0x000006d1-using-level-3.html and
this: https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/cannot-connect-to-network-prin
ter-error-0x000006d1-was-ok-with-w.3442868/

Cheers
Jon