[Samba] two domain members, different groupIDs

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Mon Jun 26 06:52:04 UTC 2017

Am 2017-06-22 um 13:10 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 12:56:25 +0200

>>> If your users have files stored on the domain members, probably not.
>>
>> I understand that this just creates the need to run some
>> chown/chgrp-commands after correcting smb.conf and restarting samba?
>
> I suppose it boils down to your definition of 'breaking things' ;-)
> A user suddenly getting a new ID would be a breakage for me.
> Using chown will fix things.

Adjusted settings on one server after stopping samba
After a start (testparm OK) the output is still the same.

Do I have to delete some local file or so to reforce new GIDs/UIDs?

I now have:

[global]
	realm = ABC.XYZ
	server string = samba08
	workgroup = XYZ
	os level = 65
	preferred master = No
	logon home =
	logon path =
	disable spoolss = Yes
	load printers = No
	printcap name = /dev/null
	kerberos method = secrets and keytab
	map to guest = Bad User
	map untrusted to domain = Yes
	security = ADS
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	template shell = /bin/bash
	winbind enum groups = Yes
	winbind enum users = Yes
	winbind refresh tickets = Yes
	winbind use default domain = Yes
	idmap config lietz:schema_mode = rfc2307
	idmap config lietz:range = 10000-99999
	idmap config lietz:backend = rid
	idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
	idmap config * : backend = tdb