[Samba] Bidirectional Osync question

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jun 25 11:58:27 UTC 2017

On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 06:29:56 -0500
Robert Wooden via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> In the Samba wiki page "Bidirectional Rsync/osync based SysVol
> replication workaround".
>
> The FAQ "What to do if I've more than one DC?"
>
> Should not the last line say "DC3 <> DC2" like this:
>

>    - DC1 <> DC2
>    - DC1 <> DC3
>    - DC3 <> DC2   <<<<???
>

> Bob Wooden

Hmm, the wiki has this:

     What to do if I've more than one DC?
        By Theory, We would just make more cron jobs on DC1 and the complete sync will be perform next sync to all server. (Not tested)
        Something like:
        DC1 <> DC2
        DC1 <> DC3
        DC1 <> DC2

I think the left hand side is correct (DC1) but the last line doesn't
make sense, why sync to DC2 twice. I think this is a typo and should be
DC4, so that DC1 syncs to all other DCs and you do changes to sysvol
only on DC1.

I will change the wiki page.

Rowland