[Samba] Query regarding "net rpc share migrate files"

srikar srikars at vedams.com
Fri Jun 23 13:18:40 UTC 2017

Hi All,
          I have a Windows 2012 R2 AD machine and two fileservers, one is a
Windows 2012 r2 machine and the other is Ubuntu 16.04 samba file server Both
are  domain members to the same AD machine.I have created a share on Ubuntu
fileserver with the same name as on windows file server. I ran
"net rpc share migrate files" with acls and timestamps parameters to copy
files from windows file server  to samba file server.  I was able to migrate
files form source(windows file server) to target(ubuntu file server). Later
after migration observed that timestamps of target share files were same as
on source share,but as for sub directories timestamps were not retained as
seen on source. Sub directory timestamps  were set to current time of target
fileserver. Is this normal behavior for "net rpc share migrate files"
command?
Below is the command I used to migrate files.
<source-IP> --acls --attrs --timestamps
Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Srikar.