[Samba] wbinfo --group-info not listed users inside the group

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 23 10:21:46 UTC 2017

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:01:38 +0300
Dmitriy Merzlov <rxwrxrx at gmail.com> wrote:

> With this log level I do not see any big problems.

No, I don't either

> > On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:35:00 +0300
> > Dmitriy Merzlov <rxwrxrx at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Rowland,
> > >
> > > I changed configuration as you suggested, reloaded/restarted all
> > > services, but the problem still persist.
> > >
> > > 'getent group db_g' - seems not working, I have empty output.
> > >
> > > But I can do retrieve all groups which have user:
> > >
> > >  wbinfo --user-groups "LOCAL\user.1"
> > > 229933
> > > 276858
> > > 11466
> > > 11112
> > > 841669
> > > 290668
> > > 340058
> > > 1024
> > > *290664*
> > > 10513
> > > 10001
> > >
> > >  wbinfo --group-info "LOCAL\db_g"
> > > db_g:x:*290664*:

Is /etc/nsswitch.conf set up correctly ?
Are the required libnss_winbind links etc setup correctly ?

getent and wbinfo work differently, wbinfo goes straight to winbind so
always works (unless something strange happens), but getent goes via
NSS, so if this isn't set up correctly, getent doesn't work.

You initially said the group had the ID '1000', it now seems to have
the ID '290664', which if you are using '10000' as the lower range for
the domain, means that the groups RID is '280664', if this is the case,
then wbinfo is working correctly and I would check libnss_winbind.

Rowland