[Samba] two domain members, different groupIDs

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Jun 23 07:20:11 UTC 2017

Am 2017-06-22 um 10:44 schrieb Rowland Penny via samba:
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 10:12:41 +0200
> "Stefan G. Weichinger via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
>> 1)
>>
>> 	idmap config mydomain:schema_mode = rfc2307
>> 	idmap config mydomain:range = 10000-99999
>> 	idmap config mydomain:backend = rid
>> 	idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
>> 	idmap config * : backend = tdb

> Your 'idmap config' block on ALL Unix domain members needs to be
> something like this:
>
> 	idmap config * : backend = tdb
> 	idmap config *:range = 2000-9999
> 	idmap config domain : backend = rid
> 	idmap config domain : range = 10000-99999
>
> Your samba versions are not new enough to use 'idmap config
> mydomain:schema_mode = rfc2307' and you wouldn't use it with the 'rid'
> backend.

So server 1) is OK already, aside from the 'idmap config
mydomain:schema_mode = rfc2307' which should be removed then, right?

this would be the base then and that is bood as it is a much larger
server with many shares etc -> I would prefer not to have to chown much
there.

The other sambas are for smaller departments etc : easier to fix, I assume.

thanks