[Samba] Erro sysvolcheck/sysvolreset

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 22 12:26:33 UTC 2017

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:09:26 -0300
"Carlos A. P. Cunha" <carlos.hollow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Does not really have to be done about it? : - |

OK, lets be honest here, the ACLs Samba sets on sysvol are not the same
that Windows does and when you add new GPOs, it gets worse. the 'Domain
Admins' group needs to own directories in sysvol and if you give the
group a gidNumber, the group cannot own the directories. This is
because the group is both a user and a group when mapped in idmap.ldb,
but when you give it a gidNumber, it becomes just a group and a group
cannot own directories on Unix.

I have been trying to make another devs patches work, but have run into
a problem, see here:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2017-June/121215.html

I haven't received a reply yet.

I do not write 'C' code, so I have no idea how to fix this, so, until
this gets fixed (if my understanding of the code is correct, of course)
and I (or somebody else) fixes the python code, I cannot recommend
running sysvolreset or sysvolcheck.

This is my understanding of the problem, I may be wrong, but I don't
think I am.

Rowland