[Samba] Upgrading samba from jessie (4.2) to stretch (4.5) in AD mode...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Jun 21 13:53:42 UTC 2017

Mandi! L.P.H. van Belle via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

[ I've written to Rowland, offlist, supposing a debian specific
  trouble... because we are back here, i change subject. ]

> I have had a look in the bug reports.
> See :  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=816301

Seems mildly related. I was on jessie samba 4.2 and i've just done the
'classicupgrade' phase, before upgrading samba.

> Post smb.conf also so we can check if you have more config errors.

Anyway...

root at lupus:~# testparm
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[sysvol]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[print$]"
Processing section "[profiles]"
Processing section "[users]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_ACTIVE_DIRECTORY_DC

# Global parameters
[global]
	bind interfaces only = Yes
	interfaces = lo eth0.17
	netbios aliases = CUPS FILE MEDIA TIME
	realm = AD.CORSI.SV.LNF.IT
	server services = s3fs, rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl, winbindd, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate
	workgroup = SVCORSI
	ldap server require strong auth = allow_sasl_over_tls
	logon drive = p:
	logon home = \\LUPUS\%U
	logon path = \\LUPUS\profiles\%U
	logon script = startup.bat
	printcap name = cups
	passdb backend = samba_dsdb
	winbind enum groups = Yes
	winbind enum users = Yes
	winbind nss info = rfc2307
	rpc_server:tcpip = no
	rpc_daemon:spoolssd = embedded
	rpc_server:spoolss = embedded
	rpc_server:winreg = embedded
	rpc_server:ntsvcs = embedded
	rpc_server:eventlog = embedded
	rpc_server:srvsvc = embedded
	rpc_server:svcctl = embedded
	rpc_server:default = external
	winbindd:use external pipes = true
	idmap config svcorsi : schema_mode = rfc2307
	idmap config svcorsi : backend = ad
	idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes
	dsdb:schema update allowed = true
	idmap config * : backend = tdb