[Samba] DRS stopped working after upgrade from debian Jessie to Stretch

Achim Gottinger achim at ag-web.biz
Tue Jun 20 21:35:56 UTC 2017

Can you do this against the secrets.keytab in Samba's private/ dir?
> You can reset the Samba machine account pw with
> ./source4/scripting/devel/chgtdcpass, but:
>   - it wont be packaged so you will have to build Samba and tell it to
> operate against the right paths
>   - it shouldn't be needed, upgrades shouldn't break this, and
> understanding the root cause would be better

Hello Andrew,

May I ask a few questions in regards to chgtdcpass.
Can this command be used to add newer enctypes on machines only having
des and arcfour types?
Is it save to use this command on all ad-dc's in an productive environment?

Thanks in advance,
achim~