[Samba] New AD user cannot access file share from member server

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Mon Jun 19 11:51:31 UTC 2017

That's correct, I don't have "Unix Attributes" but through the advanced
view I have access to all attributes.

The ldbsearch command is not returning anything in my case, it gives me 0
records - no matter which user I try, even the Administrator. I checked the
command several times to make sure there are no typos. I even changed the
objectclass from "person" to "user" to see if it makes any difference but
it doesn't.

I tried borth /var/lib/samba/sam.ldb and /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb)
and the environment environment has LDB_MODULES_PATH set.

I can easily look at the objects using the ADUC from the RSAT, not sure why
this isn't working...