[Samba] Erro sysvolcheck/sysvolreset

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 16 18:08:40 UTC 2017

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 19:43:44 +0200
Bjoern Trimborn via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> /me pokes Rowland
> '4096' is the block size.. :)

Thanks for that, this is what you get when you try and do several
things at once ;-)

OK, forget what I said, it never happened, it was senior moment ;-)

It doesn't help that the sysvol permissions that Samba sets on sysvol
are all most certainly not correct. I personally would never run
sysvolset or sysvolcheck.

> ---
>
> This is how it looks on my productive systems:

Mine looks similar, but I am/was trying to get samba-tool to work
correctly so there are some differences. Did you know that 'Domain
Admins' is supposed to own dirs in sysvol ? which it cannot if you give
the group a gidNumber.

I would suggest that the OP corrects the permissions on sysvol from
Windows and never runs sysvolcheck or sysvolreset again.

Rowland