[Samba] samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset ERROR

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 16 06:06:08 UTC 2017

On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:00:42 -0300
Epsilon Minus via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> connect_acl_xattr: setting 'inherit acls = true' 'dos filemode =
> true' and 'force unknown acl user = true' for service sysvol

So, you don't want those lines in your logs, they are coming from here
in the code:

	/* Ensure we have the parameters correct if we're
	 * using this module. */
	DEBUG(2,("connect_acl_xattr: setting 'inherit acls = true' "
		"'dos filemode = true' and "
		"'force unknown acl user = true' for service %s\n",
		service ));

The vital part is 'DEBUG(2,'

You have 'log level = 3' in your smb.conf, so if you don't want those
information lines in your logs, change this to 'log level = 1' or less.

There is nothing to worry about, the message is just informational.

Rowland