[Samba] [Solved] Fedora 25 Samba and XP-SP3

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 12 12:19:00 UTC 2017

Am 12.06.2017 um 10:00 schrieb Mike Brown via samba:

>>> Not sure I would have gotten the same info back.  Normally it is connection
>>> refused when I do something like that.  The wireshark message was more
>>> concise.  Either way, it was solved
>>
>> yeah and when you get connection refused on a TCP port the service is not
>> reachable at all - it's not running or some firewall in front and hence the
>> ICMP "port unrechable" response
>
> With wireshark the response was "Destination unreachable (Host
> administratively prohibited)."  The "administratively prohibited" was the
> big clue.

the big clue is can you connect to the port or not

  --reject-with type
                Type can be
                -icmp-net-unreachable
                -icmp-host-unreachable
                -icmp-port-unreachable
                -icmp-proto-unreachable
                -icmp-net-prohibited
                -icmp-host-prohibited
                -icmp-admin-prohibited

"-j REJECT --reject-with icmp-admin-prohibited" could be anything from
above and is just a rule detail where the default is "icmp-port-unreachable"