[Samba] XP error code 1326 on share (but smbclient works)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jun 11 02:06:18 UTC 2017

>> Can anybody please help me, even by simply giving me some hints to
>> point me in the right direction to do a deeper investigation?
>>
>> Thank you very, very much in advance,
>> best regards
>
> Try adding 'ntlm auth = yes' to smb.conf and restart Samba.
> It was changed from 'yes' to 'no' with 4.5.0

don't sacrifice server configs for clients which should not exist at all
https://www.imss.caltech.edu/node/396

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa]
"lmcompatibilitylevel"=dword:00000005

winxp is fine after that with this settings

  lm announce = no
  lanman auth = no
  ntlm auth = no
  client lanman auth = no