[Samba] RDNS records are not generated automatically.

Mark Nienberg mnlists at tippingstructural.com
Thu Jun 8 18:55:47 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 5:18 AM, Sunil - HPE via samba <samba at lists.samba.org
> wrote:

> 1. We are using samba AD 4.4.5 & samba integrated Bind 9.1
> 2. RDNS records are not being created automatically
>
> Is it possible that RDNS record generate automatically like the Microsoft
> Active Directory

Windows clients don't register their reverse addresses by default. After
you create the reverse Zone, you can get the clients to register with a
group policy, but it isn't obvious which is the correct policy by reading
the Microsoft descriptions. I finally figured it out with help from the
following:

http://setspn.blogspot.be/2013/06/windows-7-reverse-lookup-dns.html

Alternatively you can go to each workstation and use the Advanced TCP/IP
settings to check the box that says "Use this connection's DNS suffix in
DNS registration".