[Samba] smbcacls got error NT_STATUS_NETWORK_NAME_DELETED

Ralph Böhme slow at samba.org
Thu Jun 8 16:43:34 UTC 2017

Hi Andy,

On Thu, Jun 08, 2017 at 09:23:50AM -0700, Andy Qian via samba wrote:
> The smbcacls cmd worked before till recently. Due to the recent Windows
> patch which disables SMB v1, we have to add the following line into the
> [global] section in smb.conf file on Linux machine so that the smbcacls can
> talk to the Windows server otherwise it gets error
> NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_RESET:
>
> client max protocol = SMB3
>
> with this option added, the smbcacls cmd ran into error
> NT_STATUS_NETWORK_NAME_DELETED.

it's a bug in smbcacls. For some reason, when using protocol level > 1 it issues
create calls on an invalid, just closed IPC tree connect, instead of the still
connected share.

Just ran into this today (but have seen it earlier) when passing -m smb3 on the
command line. Shouldn't be too hard to fix this, just didn't have the time.

Can you file a bug so we can keep track of this?

Cheerio!
-slow