[Samba] ntlm_auth and SMBv2/v3

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jun 8 13:30:42 UTC 2017

hai,

Please keep it mailing to the list, this way is shows up of others also.
A workaround for disabling SMBv1, you can make your server less secure but thats not what i would do.

Setting these to enable NTLM v1 again.

lanman auth = yes
ntlm auth = yes
raw NTLMv2 auth = yes

I think also this is more a question for the free raduis list, but i would to for a ldap(s) setup.
just dont mixup these to : start_tls and tls_mode to connect to port 636 on a samba AD DC, you need :
start_tls=no and tls_mode = yes

My preffered auth order if the app allows it.
kerberos
ldap(s)
ntlm as last resort.

Best regards,