[Samba] failed to call wbcGetpwnam/wbcGetgrnam/wbcGetpwsid WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 8 10:55:13 UTC 2017

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 12:28:39 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> There are 2 idmap definitions ( smb.conf and idmap.conf )
> idmap.conf is/should normaly not be needed, this all depends on the
> setup.

No there aren't.

> More comment below.
>
> Really, we also need Rowland, and i do apriciate all his comments.
> We try to learn or each other, so be nice, he is one of the good
> guys.

Thanks for your kind words Louis

> > # wbinfo --all-domains
> > BUILTIN
> > SMC
> Here im missing te COMPUTERNAME
> Why? I dont know. (yet)

Fairly sure you only get the COMPUTERNAME if Samba has been started
with the default smb.conf, I get it on a domain member (which the
debian install started Samba before I configured it), but I don't
get it on a DC (which I compiled and didn't start until after the
provision)

> > idmap setup is as I posted in my original post:
> > https://pastebin.com /yWPtWrEF
> >
> > I do not have an idmap.conf?
> Dont know, check if /etc/idmap.conf exist. Of maybe on an other
> location. ( /etc/idmap.conf on debian from nfs-common package)

That would be idmapd.conf, not idmap.conf

> ( mine, the important part : set your own domain here, if id differs
> from FQDN minus hostname ) cat /etc/idmapd.conf

See, I told you ;-)

> [General]
>
> Verbosity = 0
> Pipefs-Directory = /run/rpc_pipefs
>
> # set your own domain here, if id differs from FQDN minus hostname
> # Domain = localdomain

This has nothing to do with Samba.

Rowland