[Samba] failed to call wbcGetpwnam/wbcGetgrnam/wbcGetpwsid WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND

Alex Matthews ams at stmiss.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 09:41:39 UTC 2017

Rowland - please, don't get in the way of others being constructive to
solving this issue. I do not need to know your opinions.

Louis - thanks for your responses. I have just updated to 4.6.4 (4.6.5
isn't in a repo yet) and run samba-tool testparm. Unfortunately, no issues.
It also does not fix the underlying issue.

As for your other questions:

# getent passwd testuser
<nothing>

# wbinfo --own-domain
SMC

# wbinfo --all-domains
BUILTIN
SMC

idmap setup is as I posted in my original post: https://pastebin.com
/yWPtWrEF

I do not have an idmap.conf?

# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
passwd: compat winbind
group: compat winbind
<omitted other non-relevant lines>

PAM is not configured as I'm not doing any *nix authentication.

Thanks again Louis

Alex