[Samba] domain join RODC failed

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jun 8 09:29:12 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-06-07 at 20:24 +0300, Evgeniy Semenov via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to test joining new RODC (samba-tool domain join unn.global RODC
> -U Administrator -d5) and it's fail with message:

> There are ~54000 objects in domain.
>
> Can you give me some advice?

If at all possible wait until Samba 4.7 to use the RODC.  We fixed a
lot of bugs recently, and it really hasn't been in good shape until
now.

We now have tests to show that the RODC works and this will help
prevent regressions.

Otherwise git master may be an option.  I suspect we have a mixup
regarding the special secrets processing flags (needed to omit the
passwords) in your case, but it is just a guess right now.

I hope this helps.

Andrew Bartlett